So what is happening to this site?

Talk about NextGurus.com here

So what is happening to this site?

Postby justwebinar » 8-Oct-2010 @ 2:09 pm

There are some interesting ideas and you have a couple of members, well one anyway that I know of and rate, so why has it kind of died?

The idea behind it seems a good one. Is it just the case that like many internet people we just have too many projects? I was looking at it the other day and I have about 12 twitter usernames, and around 20 websites. I am now paring all that down to just a few, mainly my personal blog, a couple of hobby websites and my main business focus. Everything else is going.

Would be interested in seeing this develop, although I really don't like the name Next Guru. I don't want to be a Guru, can't stand the word. Consider me an expert and I will be happy! ;)
justwebinar

Re: So what is happening to this site?

Postby AntoneRoundy » 11-Oct-2010 @ 4:08 pm

One of the things holding this site back is that at the moment, circumstances make it difficult for me to get on the webcam, so I can't do my part to get The Commons and the Mastermind Rooms active. (Among other things, I'm working on a big project that requires me to spend a lot of my time on a computer that's in my dining room -- can't really do video chat with kids running around making a racket).

The site is important enough to me that I'm always looking forward to the time when I'll be able to push hard for a while and get it up to speed. I believe it can do a lot of people a lot of good. It'll take having someone consistently providing a driving force to get the activity level to the "tipping point" where it's self-sustaining. Since it's my site, I'm the most likely candidate, but at the moment, I just don't have enough time.
AntoneRoundy
Site Admin

Re: So what is happening to this site?

Postby justwebinar » 13-Oct-2010 @ 1:56 pm

Wonder if it might be worth our while talking. Whats the best way to get hold of you, your helpdesk, I guess?
justwebinar

Return to Next Gurus