Why do you blog?

Blogging, forum participation, article marketing, etc.

Why do you blog?

Postby AntoneRoundy » 5-Oct-2010 @ 12:15 pm

The other day over at ProBlogger, Darren Rowse wrote a post about some blogs he used to follow that had gone dormant. He'd thought they'd just fizzled out, but when he talked to the bloggers, he discovered that they'd stopped blogging because the blogs had accomplished their goals of helping them land jobs.

That got me thinking about the goals of a blog. "To make money" may be the overall goal, but how carefully have you thought about exactly how your blog is going to help you reach that goal? Have you designed and used your blog in ways specifically focused on that goal, or just published and hoped for some benefits to come along? What successes have you seen, and what things that you hoped your blog would accomplished haven't happened yet?

Do you have a goal that, if reached, would make your blog obsolete? If so, do you have a plan for for your blog at that point? (Leave it there, re-purpose it, delete it, sell it, etc.)
AntoneRoundy
Site Admin

Re: Why do you blog?

Postby justwebinar » 9-Oct-2010 @ 1:54 am

Its a good question. We are just in the process of redeveloping our website and have been debating whether or not we want to do a blog. I think we will. The reason is profile building. The concern is time. I have too many other blogs which just lie pretty much dormant and it frustrates me. So much so that I am letting a lot of my domain names slide.
justwebinar

Return to Reputation Building