Because of the social nature of this site, most of the information we collect will naturally be publicly visible. However, we respect your privacy, and will protect any sensitive information that we gather as described here and on the pages where the information is gathered.
- Twitter ID: We use the Twitter API to create accounts and log you in. The secret code that Twitter sends us during the login process is discarded immediately after we have used it to verify your Twitter username and ID number. Your Twitter username is also your username on this site, and your profile will automatically be linked to your Twitter profile. We never have access to your Twitter password, nor would the secret code Twitter sends us enable us to send tweets or DMs, or in any way alter your Twitter account (even if we were to store it).
- Email address: You may optionally supply an email address for us to use if we need to contact you about your account. Your email address will not be displayed to anyone else on the site, nor will we share it with anyone else. Also, if you subscribe to our mailing list, that will require submitting your email address -- this also will be kept private.
- Profile links for other sites: If you enter profile links for other sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), these will be publicly visible in your profile.
- Additional profile information: If you provide links to your contact form or page, affiliate signup page, and other such pages, these will be publicly visible on this site.
- Recorded mastermind sessions: If you participate (whether in the video chat or text chat) in a mastermind session, panel discussion, etc., that is marked "recordable", your presence and anything you submit to the session may be recorded and freely disclosed by anyone who is authorized to distribute the recording. By participating in such sessions, you grant Gecko Tribe, LLC (the owner of NextGururs.com) the copyright to any part you have in the recording, and any other rights necessary to enable us and any of the video chat participants to legally distribute the recording and derivitave works.
The login cookie contains your ID number (which is also your Twitter ID number) and some meanless encrypted data that we use to validate the cookie. We never intentionally store any potentially sensitive information in cookies.
The blog, forum, and video chat software we use may also store cookies in your browser. The content of those cookies is controlled by those systems. We are not aware of any sensitive information being stored in them.
We will not reveal the content of your cookies to any third party.